Thursday, August 27, 2009

Grandparents

Today as I struggle to keep myself from going crazy. Its one of those days. I have been thinking about Christmas for awhile. I needed help from Madison's grandparents to complete what I wanted to do for her, but I have not received anything from anyone, I guess I will let them off because of their age. :D
My daughter is one the of luckiest girls when it comes to Grandparents and in that aspect I am too. I know of people who only had one grandparent living or maybe not even one. My daughter Madison has... ready for this..... 14 living Grandparents!Four Grand, 9 Great Grand and 1 Great Great Grand, Crazy. We have more then the average because of my biological father and one honoray Grandma who actually is my ex Step Mom's mother. Gets complicated but she has always been around, even when those who are straight blood have not.
So today I want to say that I am grateful for the amount of my heritage that lives and can be shared with us. Now if we could ever get any of it written down... I think I see my next project.
We are bad about it.
Thank you for being in our lives.

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

No comments: