Monday, December 10, 2012

Love and loss

This last couple of weeks have been a whirl wind of  emotions and things to be done. Family is a joy and friends are blessings. This past week a friend passed. It brought to surface some memories of friendships past and present and makes you realize just how important time is.
James and I attended his burial and it was one of the greatest sweetest yet saddens things to watch. Seeing so many people there to say good by and to see the impact on the lives of so many that one person can have really gives you great pause.
Saturday waS the memorial service. I couldn't explain the amount of love that was felt while there. So many people who were touched by this one man, so many whom felt the same love for one person. Although there were many tears, there was also a great sense love. I don't know how to explain it. My daughter was touched by the ceremony.  My little one year old, stayed calm and was in awe of the people and the events. Although confused by the tears. Although we weren't able to stay to chat with others at the end, patience and understanding of the one year old was gone, I still felt that connection that comes from being a part of a small town. That strong community bond, the love.
I know this is a little hard to understand but I just needed to get it down.


We came home from a touching service and just enjoyed being a family. Being with those that we loved so much. Treasuring these memories, these moments. Can't explain the love that I have been feeling lately.

No comments: