Thursday, March 12, 2009

Religion

This last few weeks to months I have been struggling with where I stand in my religious views. I would love to go back to church. But there are so many things with Church that I have had issues with. Those that are only about making sure to get offerrings. Those that if you miss a week, that it is the worst thing ever. I believe that there is a higher power out there. I struggle with parts of the Bible for sure and question it. But I believe full heartedly that it is not a matter of if you go to church each Sunday and Bible Study and make sure your kids go to every church event that it is important. I believe that it is more important that you live you life a way that would be approved by the Lord at all times in life. Not just on those days. Ever hear of Forgiveness. Its a huge thing. The Lord knows when you are praying. Whether it be in your car as you are driving next to a huge semi that is obviously over loaded and its pouring down rain and isn't exactly staying in it lines. Or when your bent over a toliet bowl throwing up your entire guts. Hes there for even the not so pretty things. Or when there is a new birth. You don't have to pronounce your beliefs to the world. You don't have to speak them aloud. The fact is He is there. He always will be. I have struggled a lot with all this. Especially with the fact that I failed to stay abstience until marriage. I just got married in August and my daughter turned 4 two weeks later. Hello. I'm definately not the best Chrisitian out there. By far. But the fact is. Its something that can't be forced on a person. Its a personal choice.
I was reading my dear friend Heather's blog about how HBO is depecting sacred and secretive temple ceremonies on their show Big Love. After having told the Church that they wouldn't. I believe that a statement put out sums it up nicely. Basically, people will be rude and use your beliefs in a way that will be hurtful, but if you let them then they got what they wanted. Your arousal. If you look at with disrespect but after making your point and move on, then it will be dropped. As I told my friend. I don't believe it is right for any person or persons to judge another based on their religion. We may not agree, but with religion it is all very personal. If it is ment to stay with in church walls, then it should.
I was blog searching and I have been reading Angie's blog for quiet awhile now and I saw this link to this site. This particular post. Summed up a lot of what I feel for religion and outside influences.
Just remember with everything that is out there. That you cannot judge a book by its cover. You never know what lies within.

"I was wrong
I don’t have to be strong
I didn’t want to believe
But now I finally see
My deepest point of need
Is the better part of me
`Cause when I’m weak
You are strong in me"

"Weak" Lyrics
by Jason Gray from the album All The Lovely Losers

No comments: