Monday, January 10, 2011

Reflections

This past year has given us many blessings. We had bought a house. Took a road trip, seen family, monuments, bears, new additions and many other things. We have laughed, played, cried and of course there has been the occasional disagreement. But the thing is that we have done it all together as a family.
I have made new acquaintances, strengthened friendships and lost friends as well. But in the end, even as I struggle at times to remember that I can do it, I know that at the end of the day I will have my baby girl, my animals and my husband through it all. If I was to be asked who my best friend is today I would have to say my daughter Madison and my husband James and I think that I am alright with that. I think your family should be your greatest friends. Ones you can talk to. To share the good. The bad. To laugh and cry and just be yourself with.
Life can be challenging and sometimes you just don't know what you are going to do about certain things, or wonder why they are happening to you the way that they are, but that is just the great mystery of life.
I am excited for what the new year will bring. Full of possibilities. I did not make any resolutions, because half the time I don't even remember what they were. The only goal I have is to enjoy my family no matter what is going on in life and I think that is the greatest thing that I could do right now.

No comments: